This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Course Covers : Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (BELS)
- Assess an emergency situation
- Maintain airway, breathing and circulation of unconscious casualty
- First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty suffering from shock
- Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
- Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning
- Manage a casualty suffering Head / Chest / Abdominal Injuries
- Manage a casualty suffering Extremes of Temperature
- First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions
- Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
- Principles for assessing and moving the sick & injured
- Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a First Aider
CBD College is the leading First Aid CPR training organisation in the Australia that offers Senior First Aid, CPR, BELS, and First Aid Child Care / Emergency First Aid course.
Melbourne Training Location :
108 Bourke Street,
Melbourne CBD, VIC 3000